Your trust in us constitutes the most important capital of the cooperative company with social purpose HEC CONSULTING (abbreviated as "CG"), whose registered office is established in 4000 Liège, Rue Louvrex 14, registered at the Banque Carrefour des Entreprises under the number 0475.271.294, RPM Liège, division Liège (hereinafter called "HEC Consulting"). HEC Consulting ", " we " or " our Company "). Your privacy is therefore of essential importance to us.
This Policy applies to all personal data processed by HEC Consulting in the relationships described above, acting as data controller, and covers all data processing for which HEC Consulting is responsible for from the point of view of the data subjects in the relationships described above.
This Policy contains, among other things, information about the personal data that HEC Consulting collects and how it uses it. HEC Consulting handles such personal data.
HEC Consulting makes every effort to act at all times in compliance with (i) the European Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation - the " GDPR ") and (ii) the Belgian Law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data.
The visit of the Website, our social network pages, the transmission of your personal data during your exchanges with one of the members of HEC Consultingmembers, the submission of an application, the request for our services as well as, in a general way, the communication with HEC Consulting implies your express consent to this Policy and therefore to the way we collect, use and process your personal data. HEC Consulting will never process your personal data without your consent where consent is required.
Please read this Policy in conjunction with the Cookie Usage Policy of HEC Consulting.
- Types of personal data
HEC Consulting may collect and process the following personal data:
- First name;
- E-mail address;
- Contact information on the CV that can be attached to a spontaneous application;
- Home address (address, postal code, city, country) ;
- Phone number (landline/gsm) ;
- IP address;
- Bank account number ;
- VAT number (if independent) ;
- All personal data voluntarily transmitted to HEC Consulting (in particular during correspondence via the contact/application form, spontaneous transmission of a CV, via social networks, by e-mail or by telephone).
- How personal data is collected
This personal data is collected in the case of or in the context of :
- Visiting the HEC Consulting website through cookies ;
- The registration of your personal data via the contact form available on the HEC Consulting website;
- The spontaneous application and the transfer by your care of your coordinates and your CV in order to submit your application to HEC Consulting;
- A request for information;
- The presentation of a price or an offer;
- The use made of a service offered by HEC Consulting;
- Business card exchange;
- In a general way, the correspondence exchanged with HEC Consulting (e-mail, telephone, or by any other means of correspondence) as well as the collaboration with HEC Consulting.
The personal data collected by HEC Consulting are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
The provision of certain personal data is a condition for the use of certain services(e.g. the request for information via the contact form or the unsolicited application via the application form available on the Website). We undertake to collect only the personal data that we need for the purpose of the processing and to process such data only in accordance with the purpose for which it is to be used.
- Use of personal data
HEC Consulting may use your personal data for the purposes you will find in Appendix 1 of this Policy.
In general, we will only use your personal data if you have consented to such use or if such use is based on one of the legal grounds provided by law:
- Safeguarding our legitimate interests;
- The conclusion, negotiation and execution of a contract between us and you;
- Compliance with a legal obligation;
- Preservation of the public interest.
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties
HEC Consulting will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except where necessary for the purpose of providing the requested service, including, but not limited to:
- Management of our databases (registration/modification/deletion);
- Traffic analysis of our Website;
- Computer storage;
- Compliance with the legal obligations imposed on HEC Consulting.
In this context, your personal data can possibly be made public with the webmasters, the partners of payment, the suppliers of software, the partners cloud, our company of insurances as well as various providers with whom HEC Consulting is likely to call upon within the framework of the provision of its services.
If it is necessary for HEC Consulting to disclose your personal data to third parties in this context, the relevant third party will be required to use your personal data in accordance with this Policy.
Notwithstanding the above, HEC Consulting may disclose your personal data:
- To the competent authorities (i) when HEC Consulting is required to do so by law or in the context of current or future legal proceedings and (ii) to secure and defend its rights;
- When HEC Consulting or the majority of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data - collected by HEC Consulting - will be one of the transferred assets;
- When you have expressly consented, if applicable.
- Cross-border processing of personal data
In principle we will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). However, if in the course of providing certain services, HEC Consulting is required to process your personal data outside the EEA with a recipient that has its domicile or registered office in a country that does not fall under a similar decision promulgated by the European Commission, such processing will be subject to the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain (i) the standard contractual clauses as defined in the 'European Commission Decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)', or (ii) some other mechanism on the basis of privacy legislation or other regulation relating to the processing of personal data.
- Storage of personal data
Except where a longer retention period is required or justified (i) by law or (ii) by compliance with another legal obligation, HEC Consulting will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve and fulfil the purposes for which it was collected as described in this Policy under the heading 'Use of Personal Data'.
HEC Consulting will maintain all personal data it has collected, in its paper files kept internally at the company where applicable, on its internal computer servers and software and on a cloud server located in Europe.
See Appendix 2 retention periods by category of treatment.
- Your rights regarding the protection of your personal data
In the context of the processing of your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal data;
- Right to have your personal data corrected, completed or updated;
- In certain circumstances, the right to delete your personal data ('right to be forgotten') (in this context, HEC Consulting indicates that certain services will no longer be accessible or can no longer be provided if you delete certain personal data or have them deleted);
- Right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- Right to the portability of your personal data;
- Right of objection / opposition to the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise your rights relating to the protection of your personal data, please contact HEC Consulting by e-mail([email protected]) or by post (HEC Consulting, Rue Louvrex 14, 4000 Liège).
You can find more information about your rights on the website of the Data Protection Authority (hereinafter the " DPA ") via the following link " https://www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/".
- Protection of personal data
HEC Consulting undertakes to take reasonable physical, technical and/or organizational precautions to prevent (i) unauthorized access to your personal data, and (ii ) accidental or unlawful misuse, loss, theft or destruction of your personal data.
Notwithstanding the policy of security of the data in personal matter of HEC Consulting, the controls which it carries out and the acts which it poses within this framework, it cannot be guaranteed an infallible level of security. No method of transfer or transmission by the means of Internet, nor no method of electronic storage are sure at 100 %, so that HEC Consulting cannot, in this frame, guarantee an absolute security. HEC Consulting being subjected in this respect to an obligation of means.
- Policy Update
HEC Consulting may update this Policy by posting a new version on the Website. You should check the Website and the relevant page on which the Policy is available regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
- Other websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites and social networking pages. When you click on one of these links, you may be redirected to another website or internet resource that may collect information about you via cookies or other technologies. HEC Consulting has no responsibility or liability for, or control over those other websites or internet resources or their collection, use and distribution of your personal information. You should check the privacy policies of those other websites and Internet sources to determine whether they are acting in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
- Contact HEC Consulting
If you have any questions about this Policy or about how HEC Consulting collects, uses or processes your personal data, please contact us:
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- By mail: HEC Consulting, Rue Louvrex 14, 4000 Liège
If you are dissatisfied with the way HEC Consulting has handled any questions or comments you have submitted to it, or if you have any complaints about the way HEC Consulting collects, uses and/or processes your personal data, you may make a complaint to the DPA.
- What do we expect from you?
For our part, we expect you to ensure that the information you provide is relevant and up-to-date. You must also inform us without delay of any significant change in your situation. If you are required to provide us with information about a third party, we encourage you to ensure that the third party has given you consent to do so.
Annex 1 - Purposes of the use of personal data
HEC Consulting may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- The visit of our Website, the optimization of the quality, management and content of the Website (cookies):
In order to improve the quality of your visit to our website, we use certain cookies that allow us to store some of your personal data. However, we make very limited use of long-lasting cookies.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest or on your consent.
- Reception and treatment of questions asked via the contact form or any other means of communication:
An online contact form is available on our Website. You also have the opportunity to contact us by phone and by e-mail. In order to fulfill your requests (information requests, price requests, application requests, etc.) we will need to process some of your personal data.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest or on (pre-)contractual performance.
- Sending a CV by email or via the recruitment form
A space dedicated to recruitment is available on our Website. Through this space, you have the possibility to register your contact details and also to communicate your CV by sending it to us by email via the general address. In order to respond to your request, we will have to process the personal data communicated through these different channels.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest or on pre-contractual performance.
If you give your consent, your contact information and resume will be kept in a database so that we can contact you at a later date when a position corresponding to your application becomes available. We invite you to let us know if you do not want your resume to be kept for this purpose.
- Awarding of prizes or an offer:
In order to draw up and communicate a price quote or an offer to you, based on your request, we will need to process some of your personal data.
This processing is based on a pre-contractual execution.
- The establishment of an agreement:
As a project owner, you may be required to enter into an agreement or sign contractual documents with HEC Consulting in order for us to begin the collaboration for which you have requested certain services. In this context, we will need to collect some of your personal data.
This processing is based on the (pre-)contractual execution or on a legal obligation.
- Execution of the services, processing of your transactions and execution of your instructions in connection with the services we offer:
We use your data to perform the services for which you have contracted HEC Consulting. This use implies that HEC Consulting is in possession of your personal data for as long as it is required to provide the service(s) you have contracted for.
This processing is based on the performance of any contract entered into with you and/or any commitment made by you or by HEC Consulting to you.
- Exchange of data with HEC Consulting during formal/informal communications at trade shows or other professional events:
HEC Consulting participates in trade shows and fairs. At the time of these events in particular, it is possible that you exchange your personal data with our commercial representatives, in particular by the means of the exchange of your business cards. HEC Consulting will thus be brought to collect, if necessary, these data in personal matter concerning you.
This processing is based on our legitimate interest.
- The establishment of mailing lists:
Within the framework of the various services that we offer, we constitute a database of contacts in order to ensure a better follow-up of our customer relations. In this context, some of your personal data may be collected and stored in a database. Your personal data will never be used for marketing purposes without your express consent.
The legal basis for processing your data for this purpose is the performance of a contract (contractual relationship), our legitimate interest (business development) or your consent (marketing purposes).
- Sending invoices and collecting payments:
Within the framework of the services proposed by HEC Consulting and of the agreements that you will have concluded with us, we will be brought to use some of your personal data in order to establish the invoices and, following the collection of the payments, to transfer them to the accounting department for all useful purposes of good management of the files of invoicing.
This processing is based on the execution of a contract.
- Compliance with legislation and regulations:
We ensure compliance with any applicable laws or regulations. In this context, and if necessary, we will have to process some of your personal data.
This processing is based on compliance with a legal obligation.
- Protecting our rights:
We may use your personal data to protect our rights, in particular in the context of the defense or protection of legal rights and interests, legal actions, the management of claims or disputes, in the event of company restructuring or other merger or acquisition operations.
This processing is based on compliance with a legal obligation.
Appendix 2: retention period by purpose category, subject to the right to be forgotten (except for legal retention obligations)
|Purposes of the processing of personal data||Basis||Maximum shelf life (unless otherwise stated)|
|The visit of our Website, the optimization of the quality, management and content of the Website (cookies)|
|See Cookie Usage Policy.|
|Receipt and processing of questions asked via the contact form or any other means of communication|
|3 years after the last contact if customer / 1 year after the last contact if prospect.|
|Sending a CV by email or via the recruitment form|
If consent is given: retention in the recruitment database for 2 years from the date of consent.
If no consent: deleted within one month of request.
|Awarding a prize or an offer||Pre-contractual performance|
- Quotes/unconcluded offers: 3 years after the last customer/prospect contact.
- Signed quotes/offers: 7 years from the end of the contract.
|Establishment of an agreement|
|7 years from the end of the contract.|
|Execution of the services, processing of your transactions and execution of your instructions in connection with the services we offer||Contractual performance|
7 years after the last contact with the individual.
For financial records: 7 years from January 1 of the year following the taxable period.
|Exchange of data with HEC Consulting during formal/informal communications at trade shows and other professional events||Legitimate interest|
- 3 years after the last contact with the prospect;
- To be deleted directly if no commercial interest.
|The establishment of mailing lists|
- If no consent: deletion of the e-mail address as soon as the purpose is achieved;
- If consent: provide for "indefinite" consent (as long as there is a commercial interest).
|Sending invoices and collecting payments|
|Financial records: 7 years from January 1 of the year following the taxable period.|
|Compliance with laws and regulations||Legal obligation|
- Social documents: 5 years from the day following the end of the execution of the contract;
- Medical data (certificate): 15 years maximum
- Data related to work accidents: 10 years maximum
- Financial records: 7 years from January 1 of the year following the taxable period
|Protection of our rights||Legal obligation||As long as the legal action/proceedings/dispute is ongoing, and up to 10 years after that.|